The mamalila short coat for babywearing is a coat for all seasons. The light outer coat is complimented by a warm quilted lining which can be buttoned in as required. It is also a sustainably oriented product that combines skin and environmentally friendly materials with a timeless design.
Functions and Features
- breathable and wind repellent
- suitable as maternity wear, thanks to accompanying insert easily converts to a babywearing coat and yet still perfect for the office
- super comfortable, very warm and yet surprisingly light
- innovative, sustainable mix of material: organic cotton, recycled polyester plus environmentally friendly membrane and coating
- versatile coat made for all seasons and for all weather conditions
- babywearing insert comes with hood and adjustable neck protection as well as detachable lining so that mother and child can individually regulate their warming needs
The water-repellent coating of this coat does not meet the usual mamalila standards, which is why this coat is sold as a reduced B goods. Problems with water repellency (DWR) are therefore excluded as grounds for complaint.
- Innovative, sustainable material mix: organic cotton, recycled polyester plus environmentally friendly membrane
- Versatile coat for all seasons
- Breathable and wind repellent
- High wearing comfort: very warm and yet surprisingly light
- Babywearing insert with hood, adjustable neck protection and removable lining, so that mother and child can individually regulate their hear requirements
- Outer coat: 3 laminated layers with environmentally friendly PU membrane, outside and inside 100% organic cotton
- Quilted insert: outer material is recycled polyester, filling is polyester
The outer coat is made from the finest organic cotton, which makes it so comfortable to wear, but at the same time less resistant to abrasion when compared to a similar coat made of synthetic materials. Heavy use may cause colour changes on edges and seams.
More information on material
- FC-free impregnation
- PFOS/PFOA-free membrane
- Organic cotton
- Recycled polyester
Further information on sustainability
- Turn the coat inside out to wash and ideally wash the coat separately.
- If available, use the hand wash cycle on your washing machine and set to “cold”, alternatively wash the coat "cold" on a gentle cycle (maximum spin speed of 600 revolutions).
- Please use a mild detergent without optical brightener and no fabric softener.
- Hang to dry after washing.
- Treating the coat with heat will reactivate the water repellent function of the coat. Please iron the coat on a low level heat, taking care to avoid the buttons and zippers.
- As required the outer coat should be treated with an FC-free impregnation to refresh the rain protection. We recommend Cotton Proof® by Nikwax, which will also refresh the overall appearance of the coat.
These and other care products can be found in our Webshop at https://www.mamalila.de/Care-products
mamalilas Tipp: The short coat has an A-Form
Choose mama-size only, children (up to 1,5-2 years) and pregnant bellies will fit in our babywearing and maternity inserts!
Happy to advise when unsure by size selection!
|measurements of the coat:|
|sleeve measurment of the coat||78,0 cm||79,5 cm||81,0 cm||82,5 cm||84,0 cm|
|full back length of the coat||89,5 cm||90,5 cm||91,5 cm||92,5 cm||92,5 cm|
If you are between two sizes with small shoulders you should order the smaller size. If you have broader shoulders then order the larger size. The A-Form makes the waist and hip width irrelevant.