This versatile Softshelljacket for two is a favourite with our customers - for a very good reason:
The mamalila Softshell Babywearing Jacket has an all-round talent for coping in all kinds of weather.
The design is also somewhat special - which is why it was given First Place by the readers of "Eltern" magazine and the online portal "urbia" für den "Eltern - und Urbia Consumer Award".
Functions und Features
- comfortable to wear Softshell, flexible, with a light inner lining
- thanks to the mamalila Concept it can be quickly changed from a normal jacket int a maternity jacket or a babywearing jacket
- 100% windproof, breathable, water repellent
- feminine cut with a casual look
Baby Insert Highlights
- Babyhead support for small babies or sleeping infants which can be used when carrying at the front and the back
- generous head opening with adjustable width
- suitable for carrying infants at higher and lower heights
- adjustable neck protection to shelter the baby from wind and cold
- size adjustable hood suitalbefor children from 0 up until approx 2 years
- due to the completely zippable babywearing insert it is easy to put on and take off, and is also suitable for newborns
- pull cord in the seam protects against draughts
- 3-Layer-Laminate with watertight membrane
- 1st layer: 94% Polyester - Membrane: 100% Polyruethane - 3rd layer: 100% Polyester
- Water column: 10.000 mm / Breathability 10.000 (g/m2/24h)
- PTFE-free membrane
- made in China
The high quality, watertight membrane with a water column of 10.000mm keeps the material waterproof. The breathable membrane ensures any moisture and excess heat evaporates and regulates the temperature inside the jacket to make sure mother and child are comfortable. The membrane guarantees that the triple layered lamination is not only waterproof but also windproof.
The special structure of the Softshell material makes it feel strong and sturdy, but at the same time soft. The material is stretchy, making the jacket well-fitting and easy to move around in.
The arm cuffs are also very soft to make sure they don?t ever dig in to the skin e.g. with water retention problems during pregnancy
The Softshell Babywearing Jacket has a light fleece lining which makes the inside warm and feels wonderfully soft against the skin. This fleecy lining makes the jacket warm enough to wear from spring, through the summer and into the autumn months. For colder times of year we recommend wearing extra layers of clothing - like onion layers. The Softshell can then be worn as a babywearing jacket during the changing seasons and even into winter.
- the jacket is machine washable at 40 degreed. Please to not use fabric softener!
- to refresh the water repellency after washing, simply put the jacket in a tumble dryer at a medium temperature setting or iron at 1
- after serveral washes we would recommend using an FC-free product to refresh the water proofing e.g. TX.DIRECT SPRAY-ON®from Nikwax. The jacket should first be washed using nikwax TECH WASH ®
mamalila's Tipp: Jacket is tailored, generously cut
Order mama-size only, children (up to 1,5-2 years) and pregnant bellies will fit in our babywearing and maternity inserts! Happy to advise when unsure by size selection!
|Brust / Chest||87-92cm||93-98cm||99-104cm||105-110cm||111-115cm|
|Hüfte / Hips||91-99cm||100-108cm||109-116cm||117-124cm||125-131cm|
|Ärmellänge der Jacke|
sleeve measurement of jacket
|75,5 cm||76,5 cm||77,5 cm||78,5 cm||79,5 cm|
At mamalila, it is not only very important that the babywearing jackets are sustainably produced, but also that they are manufactured under fair terms and conditions.
This Softshell Jacket for mother and child is manufactured with completely FC-free water proofing, which is environmentally friendly. This is the direct opposite of waterproofing containing FCs which are used in most rain jackets, whose manufacturing process allows some of the compound to reach the environment, where it is rarely broken down. It is absorbed by people through water and food and accumulates within the body.
In addition, mamalila does not use a PTFE bearing membrane, instead, a membrane from Polyurethane is used, which is harmless.
The jackets are maunufactured by a GOTS- and BSCI-certified producer, which guarantees fair payment and good working conditions.