The mamalila short coat for babywearing is a coat for all seasons. The light, weatherproof impregnated outer coat is complimented by a warm quilted lining which can be buttoned in as required. It is also a sustainably oriented product that combines skin and environmentally friendly materials with a timeless design.
Functions and Features
- breathable, wind and water repellent with 7,000 mm water column
- suitable as maternity wear, thanks to accompanying insert easily converts to a babywearing coat and yet still perfect for the office
- super comfortable, very warm and yet surprisingly light
- innovative, sustainable mix of material: organic cotton, recycled polyester plus environmentally friendly membrane and coating
- versatile coat made for all seasons and for all weather conditions
- babywearing insert comes with hood and adjustable neck protection as well as detachable lining so that mother and child can individually regulate their warming needs
- Outer coat: 3 layer laminate with environmentally friendly PU membrane, outer and inner layers 100% organic cotton
- Quilted lining: outer shell is recycled polyester, filling is polyester
- Water column: 7.000 mm
- FC-free coating
- PFOS-/PFOA-free membrane
The organic cotton ensures high wearing comfort, while at the same time the breathable PU membrane makes the urban coat wind and weather resilient. On cooler days, the light but plush warm quilted lining can be buttoned in, containing 25% more padding on the body as on the arms, to ensure the babywearing mum more freedom of movement.
- The short coat can be washed at 30° on a gentle cycle, please use normal fine detergent and no fabric softener.
- After four to five washes, the outer coat should be treated with an FC-free impregnation. We recommend Cotton proof by Nikwax, which will also refresh the overall appearance of the coat.
Sustainable and responsible
Sustainability is of key importance to mamalila when producing clothing, and the short coat for babywearing, with its 100% organic cotton outer coat and recycled polyester quilted lining, is a prime example. In addition, the environmentally friendly PU membrane and FC-free coating help to reduce the accumulation of harmful fluorocarbons in the environment, but also in humans and animals.